Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

YuanG
Helper I
Helper I

ERROR, a leading zero of % in dashbord and report

This is a error i just found today, in all of the chart of my report and dashbord, all the data in format % had a leading zero in plusplus zero error 1.pngthis is a chart in a report

And this is from my dashbord

plus zero error 2.png

But they were

7 REPLIES 7
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@rickenbroc, @YuanG

This issue should be fixed in the latest Version : 2.39.4526.362 32-bit (September 2016). Please update your PBI Desktop and have a try.

ERROR, a leading zero of % in dashbord and report_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

Hi,

I have checked my file and the sample you provided to me and everything is fine now 🙂

Thanks for your support !

Eric

rickenbroc
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I am using the French localization of power BI too, and I am facing now the same issue.

I have just switched from the july version of power BI to the august version (2.38.4491.282 64-bit) without changing the data nor the reports.

Sometimes, the percentages are displayed without leading 0.

For the chart on the right hand side, if I change the format with no decimals (integer), the percentages loose their leading 0, even the 7% line. If I get back to 1 decimal, the leading 0 are back too.

2016-09-06 17_18_07-reporting online - Power BI Desktop.png

Hi rickenbroc,

Based on your description, I create a simple sample, but it works well on my side, below is the steps:

1. Download the newest power bi desktop version.

Capture.PNG

2. Set the localization to French.

Capture2.PNG

3. Create four visuals.

4. The result on desktop and service.

Desktop:

Capture3.PNG

Service:

Capture4.PNG

Since I can’t reproduce your issue, can you provide a reproduce sample? Or could you please download attached .PBIX file and publish to your service to check if the data labels display correctly?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng,

I have downloaded your file and the leading zeros are presents :

First, I have verified the current version of Power BI Desktop.

I also tried to change the file localization, but I did not cure the issue, and I did not find a way to change Power BI language.

2016-09-07 10_36_22-chart lead percent - Power BI Desktop.png

Then, if you look at the tooltips, percentages are correctly displayed, but not the rendering in the charts
2016-09-07 10_38_34-chart lead percent - Power BI Desktop.png2016-09-07 10_39_13-chart lead percent - Power BI Desktop.png2016-09-07 10_39_29-chart lead percent - Power BI Desktop.png

Best Regards,

Rickenbroc

@rickenbroc@YuanG, thanks for reporting this issue. It can be reproduced on my side in the French Power BI Desktop. I will report it internally to ask senior engineers to have a check. Will post back for any updates. 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi YuanG,

Based on my test, there is no prefix 0 in the percentage values both in reports and dashboards. In your scenario, which data source you were connecting to? Did any person modify the reports or dashboards recently? Was there any update on data source side? Please share more detail information with us so that we can try to reproduce the issue.

Also you can create a simple report in Power BI Desktop, drag a chart or card into the report to display a measure which calculate percentage values(##.##% format ). Then publish it to service to check if 0 is prefixed.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors