Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SarWal
Employee
Employee

ERROR: User with View Access getting Error on Report & Dashboard View

Hello,

I have made my report in Power BI Desktop, and published the report, created a dashboard, and added a user to have view access. She was able to see the report and the dashboard for a week or two and then suddenly was no longer able to. When she navigates to either the report or dashboard, the tiles start to load, and then crash with the error that is the x in a circle. She has tried refreshing the page, the dashboard / report, and even hard refresh. Additionally, I removed her access and then re-granted it. This also did not work. I've also re-published the report. The entire time I have not seen this error.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks. Any suggestions appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SarWal,

Could you please help to post the screenshot of the error?

Besides, what is the data source of your report? Have you made any changes to your dataset? For example, if you apply Row Level Security(RLS) on your dataset and don’t add the user as a member of RLS role, the user will not able to view the report.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

See screenshots below.

The PBI desktop file is saved on my local machine. The data is stored on a shared file, which this personal also has access to. (This is an exploritory report to see if the business wants to pursue it in a more formal fashion).

I believe I added more data to existing tables, and perhaps added new tables, but to existing excel documents. I did not touch any permissions in the excel files or PBI desktop - only on the PBI desktop/report level to try and re-grant her access.

Thank you.

Page Not Loading:

ReportNotLoading.jpg

Error Message:

ErrorMessage.jpg

Hi @SarWal,

only on the PBI desktop/report level to try and re-grant her access.

How do you re-grant permission for the user in Power BI Desktop file? Is the user outside your organization?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@SarWal If your report / dashboard uses Pro features and the user you've shared it with has Free account they won't be able to see it. That could be the one option to look at why this is not working. I would also try by creating a new dashboard, without sharing send user a link to that dashboard -> when they access that url they will be presented with option to request access to that dashboard which will send you email to grant permission. Try that approach and see if it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors