cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
anosul Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: ERROR: Failed to send email to invite users. Please try again later. - Sharing a dashboard

This also works with Power BI Pro licenses.

Also exist one more solution.
Office 365 Admin can add new guest user without turn on global option [Member can invite external users].

Untitled.png

And then you can share content to this external user.

doktorg Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: ERROR: Failed to send email to invite users. Please try again later. - Sharing a dashboard

This is happening to me also. Was working 2 weeks ago and has now just stopped. According to this post it should work for everyone without any required work arounds: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-february-service-update/#externalSharing

I'm guessing there is a bug.

andrewgray New Member

Hi all

just had an incident raised by a user who has the same problem but when trying to email invite internal users? Any ideas?

Thanks

miragliag Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

mah Visitor
Visitor

Hi all,

I get a different behavior when I tried sharing from Internet Explorer rather than Google Chrome. From Google Chrome I get the same error message, regardless if I uncheck send e-mail option, but in Internet Explorer I get another error message (unchecked send e-mail), but report is shared.

This seem to be a JS error or something browser based.

So solution for me was to switch to IE. Haven't tried FF though, so might work differently there as well.

neilfa Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I have the same issue,  "Failed to send email to invite users. Please try again later."

However I tried in tried in Edge, Chrome and IE all the same result.