Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amatulis
Helper I
Helper I

EM SKUs

Can someone help me locate where I purchase EM SKUs?

I had purchasing dept. try through our distributors - they referred us to Microsoft.

Microsoft referred us to its own support page. 

I had our 365 Admin check the 365 portal and Volume Licensing and he didn't see it. 

6 REPLIES 6
amatulis
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks Tom!  I appreciate the help. 

So, in readng this further via the links you provided, do EM SKUs not do what I was thinking they do? I was thinking it was an affordable way to have users in my medium-sized company gain access to reports; but I need to have an Azure subscription to do any of the embedded SKUs. 

I was thinking I could just use the embed URL from a regular PowerBI.com report and users could interact with it via Teams.... I started to go through the registering and I need to have an application homepage, and I have no application, so I am guessing I am stuck with PRO licensing. 

Hi @amatulis 

To purchase Premium EM SKU, you must be in the Microsoft 365 Global Administrator role or Billing Administrator role. 

If you want to purchase EM SKU, you may refer to this blog :

Purchase a Power BI Premium capacity for an existing organization

1.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Thanks for the reply.

I thought that EM SKUs were going to be a way I could embed reports from the service into Teams/SP and have users view them there, since the 10$/user is too expensive for a medium-sized business but we aren't big enough to warrant P1.  I don't have a custom application, so I don't think EM SKUs will work for me (unless I am interpreting this incorrectly).  Thank you for yoru reply.  

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @amatulis ,

read this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embedding#:~:text=Power%20BI%20Embedded....

Embedding for Teams/Sharepoint means "Embedding for your organization"

Here you will find an overview of licensing: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embedded-capacity#which-sku-should-i-us...

Regards,
Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
amatulis
Helper I
Helper I

Just to be clear before I go clicking on things and accidentally buying things I'm not supposed to be buying; this is for EM SKUs too? Not just A SKUs?  It seems to want me to sign up for Azure.  

I just want to be able to embed reports into Teams and Sharepoint for 100 users, because it's more cost effective than granting them all licenses.   I do not have a custom application. 

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @amatulis ,

you can/have to purchase EM SKU's via the Azure portal, go to https://portal.azure.com

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors