Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RyanBentham
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

EM SKU Clarification. Internal sharing & customers

Hi all

Just looking for some clarification on the functionality of the EM SKU.     

Current scenario:       A client is using A SKU to embed PBI content into their web application.  This allows any online user (given that they have application access) the ability to consume the conent without the need to have a PBI license / account

The client also has some internal reports that it would like to share with it's employees (non Pro-License users) via teams .

Am I right in thinking that the EM SKU would be suitable for this scenario; allowing the client to embed content for customers and also share content internally via Teams   ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RyanBentham ,

If you just need to embed PBI Reports in your own application, the A SKU is enough. But please note that A SKU is billing hourly, while EM SKU is billing monthly.

So if 24/7 availability is required, you may wish to switch to an Premium EM capacity.

If you want a elasticity, you may use A capacity because it could scale up, scale down, pause, resume, and delete.

"The client also has some internal reports that it would like to share with it's employees (non Pro-License users) via teams ."

According to this requirement, you could embed reports/dashboards securely. Free-license could get report because it is in Premium capacity.

1-1.PNG

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

@v-eachen-msft  

Thanks for your reply. I understand the differences with billing and scaling etc between the two SKU types.

My question was about trying to get clarity on EM SKU and whether it would support the embedding of reports for customers (as the A SKU does) and allow for sharing internally via Teams.  

I'm pretty sure it supports the latter but I need to know that the EM SKU will still allow external embeddung via an application (app owns data)

I believe it's only the EM SKU that is backed by premium capacity. So trying to embed reports using an A SKU like you suggested wouldn't work right?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors