Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamics CRM live data

hello,

I have developed some reports using OData feed from Dynamics CRM system and one local excel file then i published it into service. When we get new record or deleta a record in CRM system it doen,t show in my dashboard until i go to my power BI Desktop refresh there and publish again.

When i tried to set a gateway it says that OData feed doesn,t need a gateway.

I am really stuck how to solve this. Can someone please help me how it can refresh automatically?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have two datasets initially, one from CRM and other from excel which is only one column consist of some holidays. So, now i made it only CRM and holidays column i created as a table with in Power BI. Then i used Gateway with standard mode. which worked perfectly.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ravali.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my research, the Odata feed data source does not support DirectQuery / Live Connection,Even if online odata feed does not need a gateway to refresh, it still use import mode , so  if you want to see the new data, we can configure scheduled refresh in dataset settings ,execuce a on-demand refresh manually or use api to execuce a refresh. But it has count limitation for each day(we can only configure 8 times each day under shared capacity or 48 times under premium capacity, the api also has limitation under shared capacity).

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lid-msft ,

Thank you for your reply. 

That is true it only have import option. 

And when i set up a gateway for shcedule refresh it is not working. I am not understanding that. Is my data is having two sources one from CRM and one From local file does this is a reason for not able to setup a gateway?

Badly need help in this case. 

THANK YOU.

Hi @Anonymous ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have two datasets initially, one from CRM and other from excel which is only one column consist of some holidays. So, now i made it only CRM and holidays column i created as a table with in Power BI. Then i used Gateway with standard mode. which worked perfectly.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ravali.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Glad to hear that you have resolved your problem. Thank you for sharing your solution, we believe it can benefit more users. If you have any other questions about this scenario, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on this document:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data#review-data-infrastructure-dependencies

If a dataset uses separate mashup queries to connect to on-premises and cloud sources, Power BI uses a gateway connection to reach the on-premises sources and a direct network connection to the cloud sources. If a mashup query merges or appends data from on-premises and cloud sources, Power BI switches to the gateway connection even for the cloud sources.

If you are using the On-Premises Data Gateway (Personal Mode):

- If this dataset  does not merges or appends data from on-premises and cloud sources, please configure credential for each data source under setting of dataset

-If this dataset  merges or appends data from on-premises and cloud sources, please configure credential for each data source under setting of dataset

If you are using the On-Premises Data Gateway (Standard Mode):

- If this dataset  does not merges or appends data from on-premises and cloud sources, please configure credential for cloud source under setting of dataset, then create a data source in Manage Gateway, then map on-premises data gateway to this data source under setting of dataset.

-If this dataset  merges or appends data from on-premises and cloud sources, please create data source for each data source under manage gateway, then map them to different data source under setting of dataset.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors