cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandeep_thandra
Regular Visitor

Dynamic stock calculation for past 3 months from the selected time range

Hi, I have a requirement where I should display rolling 3 months stock data for the item in a trend chart. I have a cal dimension table and the fact table which has snapshot of inventory.

User should select the time range i.e, "To Date". Basing on the selection I should show the previous three months stock quantity. We are using HANA as a DB and I beleive parameter passing will not work out.

Any Ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Dynamic stock calculation for past 3 months from the selected time range

@Sandeep_thandra

Do you mean that when you select a year and a month in the slicer, you need the visual chart to display the past 3 months data? If it is the case, you can take a look at this thread which already has a solution.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Sandeep_thandra
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the solution. Also, Is there any way I can store the filter selections in the variable? ie., from and to date from the time range slicer?

Microsoft
Microsoft

@Sandeep_thandra

When you select a time range in the slicer like Timeline, what do you want to show in the visual chart? In your scenario, only one year month needs to be selected to display the past 3 months data.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.