Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sandeep_thandra
Regular Visitor

Dynamic stock calculation for past 3 months from the selected time range

Hi, I have a requirement where I should display rolling 3 months stock data for the item in a trend chart. I have a cal dimension table and the fact table which has snapshot of inventory.

User should select the time range i.e, "To Date". Basing on the selection I should show the previous three months stock quantity. We are using HANA as a DB and I beleive parameter passing will not work out.

Any Ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Sandeep_thandra

Do you mean that when you select a year and a month in the slicer, you need the visual chart to display the past 3 months data? If it is the case, you can take a look at this thread which already has a solution.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Thanks for the solution. Also, Is there any way I can store the filter selections in the variable? ie., from and to date from the time range slicer?

@Sandeep_thandra

When you select a time range in the slicer like Timeline, what do you want to show in the visual chart? In your scenario, only one year month needs to be selected to display the past 3 months data.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors