Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic filtering with CSV

Hi guys,

i have an article table in the service with revenue numbers per SKU. 

Now the sales team wants to filter the table for different SKUs. They have the SKUs in a CSV file. The SKUs may change daily. 

What could be a good solution so that sales could use a CSV file with the SKUs and Power BI filters the report down to the SKUs in the CSV file?

I must not necessarily be a CSV file in the end. We could supply the SKUs also in other ways. The whole point is that we need Power BI to filter the report for a list of different SKUs that we don't want to select all manually with the SKU filter in the Dashboard.

Best

Henrik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous The only way I've seen of how to accomplish this is by using a custom visual. The "Filter by List" by Devscope is a certified custom visual and allows you to past in a list of values and the report will filter down to that list.

image.png

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@Anonymous The only way I've seen of how to accomplish this is by using a custom visual. The "Filter by List" by Devscope is a certified custom visual and allows you to past in a list of values and the report will filter down to that list.

image.png

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors