Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Web.Contents Power BI Refresh Error using RelativePath

I used this following Web.Content code to get data. It works fine on desktop, but it will not allow me to update data in Service – I get the error message that dynamic data sources can’t be refreshed.

let

Balance = (EndDate as text) =>

Let

Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://tripletex.no/v2/balanceSheet?dateFrom=2019-01-31&dateTo="&EndDate&"&includeSubProjects=false... XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"]])),

values = Source[values],

I have tried to tweek it using RelativePath to the following:

let

Balance = (EndDate as text) =>

Let

Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents(https://tripletex.no/,[RelativePath=”v2/balanceSheet?dateFrom=2019-01-31&dateTo="&EndDate&"&includeSubProjects=false&includeActiveAccountsWithoutMovements=false&from=0&count=1000",Headers=[authorization="Basic XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"]])),

values = Source[values],

Again, works fine in desktop, but now I get a new error message in Service when I update the data saying:

"Processig error [Unable to combine data] Section1/XXX/Expanded ParameterXXX reference other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination."

Can someone please help me so that I am able to update the dataset in services?

Much appreciated 😊

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you 🙂 I managed to solve it. The issue was that my dynamic source was a dynamic date table referring to another query as start date. It worked in PBI service when I changed that and used the second version with RelativePath 🙂 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you 🙂 I managed to solve it. The issue was that my dynamic source was a dynamic date table referring to another query as start date. It worked in PBI service when I changed that and used the second version with RelativePath 🙂 

Hi, @Anonymous 

Glad to hear that you have solved your problem by yourself, would you like to mark your own reply as a solution so that others can learn from it too?

Thanks in advance!

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

you seem to have two issues. For dynamic url content use the Query= parameterization of a static URL.  For the other issue please read this article: Feedback wanted: Behind the Scenes of the Data Privacy Firewall (microsoft.com)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors