Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

v-tomars
Employee
Employee

Dynamic Timezones in PowerBI Service

Hi,

I have a datetime column having data in pst timezone, i want to display the data using the relative date slicer and have users in ist and pst timezones. Is there any way to implement dynamic timezone which would convert the datetime column to end user's timezone?

I tried using DateTimeZone.ToLocal in PowerQuery but it didn't work.

Appreciate any help on this, thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @v-tomars 

All the Power BI Servers are in UTC as per my blog post below

Power BI – Did you know ALL Power BI Services Servers are in UTC? Now how to handle it for Dates & T...

The only way I could think of getting this to work is to create a new column in Power Query for IST and PST timezones. I would then have a way to switch between the different timezones which the user can then use to show it in their relevant timezone.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @v-tomars 

All the Power BI Servers are in UTC as per my blog post below

Power BI – Did you know ALL Power BI Services Servers are in UTC? Now how to handle it for Dates & T...

The only way I could think of getting this to work is to create a new column in Power Query for IST and PST timezones. I would then have a way to switch between the different timezones which the user can then use to show it in their relevant timezone.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors