Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Asalk
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic RLS with Azure Active Directory Isn't working Properly (sometimes)

Hello,

I'm using Dynamic RLS on one of our financial reports, and i'm facing some issues when sharing the report with end users. Some users are able to see all data instead of the applied RLS. I suspect that RLS takes some time to get distrubted between users. However, I can not find anything that confirms this theory. All of them have read access to the report. there is no difference between the users. I'm adding Azure Distrubtion group to the RLS on Power BI services (e.g. ALL@Company.com). 

the RLS Formula i'm using is :

PATHCONTAINS(
'Staff Data'[Path],
MaxX(
            Filter( 'Staff Data',
                        [Email]=USERPRINCIPALNAME()
                         ) ,
                        'Staff Data'[Employee_Number]
        )
)

It worked before on one of our other reports, but i did face the same issue initially where users were able to see all data but with time around a day or two, it actually filtered the data for them.

any help is greatly appreaciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Asalk
Frequent Visitor

I managed to fix it by re-adjusting one of the relationships we had from many-to-many to one-to-many, apparently there was some issue if a user was found in two different RLSs. Power BI just platently gives up, and handsover all the data 😅... 

Anyways, hope this helps out someone eventually.

Best,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Asalk 

Thank you for the experience sharing of changing the relationships between tables to fix this problem, would you like to mark your own reply as a solution so that others can learn from it too?

Thanks in advance!

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Asalk
Frequent Visitor

I managed to fix it by re-adjusting one of the relationships we had from many-to-many to one-to-many, apparently there was some issue if a user was found in two different RLSs. Power BI just platently gives up, and handsover all the data 😅... 

Anyways, hope this helps out someone eventually.

Best,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors