Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

msundelius
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic RLS many to many differ between desktop and RLS

Hi, 

I have problem with one of the roles in the service. I have a many to many situation where the DAX code shown under works fine in the desktop, but when the dataset is published to the web the table do not filter and the assign user group get full access. 

A prehand thanks for the help. 

Best regards

Martin Sundelius

DAX code: 

msundelius_0-1635511756235.png

Relationship:

Skjermbilde.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
msundelius
Frequent Visitor

I changed the name of the column RLS_Innesalg_Avdeling.tilgangsavdeling to RLS_Innesalg_Avdeling.Avdeling and then the DAX code worked in the service aswell as inn the desktop. 

Thanks for the feedback. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
msundelius
Frequent Visitor

I changed the name of the column RLS_Innesalg_Avdeling.tilgangsavdeling to RLS_Innesalg_Avdeling.Avdeling and then the DAX code worked in the service aswell as inn the desktop. 

Thanks for the feedback. 

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @msundelius 

As far as I’m concerned, if you want to make the RLS work in the Power BI service, you should first make sure that the end-users you shared the report with have been added to the RLS role you set.

vrobertqmsft_0-1635749962030.png

vrobertqmsft_1-1635749962032.png

What’s more, the RLS can only work for the end-users that only have the “View” access to this dataset. So you should also check if they are only the viewer of your workspace.

vrobertqmsft_2-1635749962037.png

To test if the role can work in your Power BI dataset, you can use the “test as role” function to make a test:

vrobertqmsft_3-1635749962037.png

For more things you need to pay attention, you can refer to this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-rls

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors