Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chalupabatman
Regular Visitor

Dynamic Power BI Chart

We are creating Sql Server Views as a basis for Power BI Chart on a webpage.  This works perfect!

However, I was wondering if there was the functionality (or a way) to add two text box on the web page, and let one be start date and one be end date, and once the user has input both dates they hit a submit button, which would in turn update the view that the Power BI chart is based on and update it to only show the date range that was input.

3 REPLIES 3
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@chalupabatman Not exactly the way you wanted it is not possible.

But what you can do is connect to your data source via DirectQuery feature and include data column in that dataset. Then in power bi desktop create a table manually containing StartDate and EndDate columns with date (or you can create this table in your data source and connect to it). In power bi desktop relationship editor create relationship between two date tables. Create slicers for both start and end date columns. Then when published to power bi service and shared with your users. When they select values in start and end date slicers data they see on visual will be filtered. 

So not exactly the way you wanted which is to pass values entered in power bi back to your data source. That is currently not possible.

I am using Web versoin of Power BI - is the same possible with Power BI Web?

@ankitpatira --> I am using the web version not the desktop version.  Is the same achievable through web power bi?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors