Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Header via Textbox gone blank

We are facing an issue from yesterday where text boxes with dynamic content have gone blank in reports on the power BI services.

We have created DAX formula and used DAX measures in the textbox titles (via conditional formatting) to show dynamic content on the reports. This was working as expected for weeks now but from yesterday the title of textbox (with dynamic content) is no longer visible.

On our analysis we noticed that this issue only happens when we open the report outside our client VM or on client IPad (checked on 18.7 and 19.3 version). But all looks fine inside client VM.

Is this an expected scenario or are we missing something here?

also one more additional observation we found while testing was that when we change the page using tabs/bookmark or drill through , textbox blank out the title but after any selection we made it shows the value. Basically value is not displayed any value on the first load of the page via drill through/ bookmark.

Earlier textboxes were functioning as expected even in the default state of page load via drill through/ bookmark.

Has there been any upgrade on textbox functionality?

Please find below version details

Capture.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Request you to help us resolve this at the earliest as we have some productionized reports that have been impacted.

Regards,

Shweta Bhosale.

2 REPLIES 2
mattyj2009
Helper II
Helper II

I've been having this happen to me since yesterday also.  My dax formula that updates based on the monthly selected.  Example: "Showing data for October 2019".  The October 2019 is dynamic.  

I'm only seeing this happen on some reports and not all.  I did notice if I press the refresh button after opening the report the title will appear but this isn't a good user experience having to press the refresh everytime you open the report.  

It happens on two reports that I see so far.  One report is pulling as a DirectQuery from SQL and the other is using an scheduled Excel Import.  

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

I have test on my side, it works well.

5.JPG

If the browser are the same in two different client?

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors