Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leed
Advocate II
Advocate II

Dynamic 365 & Power BI - display signature(Image) from string base 64

Hi everyone,

In SSRS, I can display Signature in CRM by using : Convert.FromBase64String(Signature.Value)

Switch to Power BI, I would like how to know to do the same thing ( means to display the "Binary" type column) ?

I use the sample "Sales Manager" of Microsoft - connect through the CRM odatafeed.

crmstringbase64.png

So in the picture, you see the Power Query part of the query.

What I retrieve is the "documentbody" column that contains string base 64 (text type).

I would like to display this text as an image.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Dung Anh

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @leed,

Like the SSAS, you import the resource table, then create a visual to display the image based on your set. In Power BI desktop, you can add the image URL, and set it as Image URL as the following screenshot.

1.PNG

If you get data in service, we can't set the data category. Please check if you can get data in Power BI desktop, you need to add a image URL column, and display it in Table visual. Then you peblish it to service.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

Thanks for you answer.

So in Power BI Desktop, I set the column "documentbody" (which was in "text" type -string base 64 -  and "uncategorized") to "Image" categorized:

crmstringbase64.png

And then I upload the file to Power BI Service, but I still dont have the "documentbody" in image:

signaturecrm.png

(In the picture is what I called the "string64base" text)

Thank you,

Dung Anh

Hi @leed,

If you display the image, you must have the image URL link. For example, you search a image online google, you can get the image address shown in the screenshot below.

1.PNG

For your "documentbody" field, it includes the image URL?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

Thanks for your answer.

The documentbody does not contain URL Image. But it does contain a string base 64. To obtain an image from this I need to convert this string to an image.

For eg, in SSRS I use this function : Convert.FromBase64String(Signature.Value) to obtain this image.

Return to my question : How can we do it in Power BI Desktop? (or can we?)

Thank you,

Dung Anh

Hi @leed,

Until now, the feature is unsupported in Power BI, you can create a idea here. You also review this feature request and vote it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors