Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate reports in service issue

Hi,

I have been facing this weird issue since some time, for some of the reports whenever I publish an updated report and allowing to replace existing dataset, a new copy of report is created in that workspace.  The dataset is single only, but reports are two now.  Looked for some help online but couldn't find any feasible solution to this.  Have anyone faced similar issue and what can be done about this?

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may check if there is a existed report in your goal workspace.

By my test publishing pbix file from the latest version of Power BI Desktop (2.76.5678.782 version )to Classic workspace or New experienced workspace, it creates only one Dataset and one Report.

You might upgrade the Power BI Desktop, and try it again.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya the report already exists and even though the desktop version is latest, it creates duplicate copy for some reports.  For others I am not able to reproduce the issue.  So dont really know whats going on.

Thanks anyways.

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you still have this issue for Power BI, you'd better create a support ticket in Power BI Support , Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET", or go to Issue forum to get further help.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors