Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate reports after uploading existing report from power bi desktop

My reports get duplicated when i reupload an existing one. 

Workflow: 
- From app.powerbi.com i download my existing .pbix because i want to make some adjustments in Power Bi desktop. 
- I open the download .pbix in the latest version of Power Bi desktop. 
- I make some adjustments and press publish. 
- Power Bi asks me in what workspace i want to publish and select the only one i have. 
- Power Bi then proceeds to ask me if i want to replace the data set. And i choose Replace. 

- It then starts uploading the adjust .pbix. It says task completed. 
- I then go to app.powerbi.com and go to my workspace-> reports. I see 2 reports with the exact same name. 1 is the new, adjust one. The other one is the old one which is already shared/configured for scheduled refresh via data gateway etc. 

I tried it with reports with its own dataset, but also with reports that have a Power Bi dataflow as a dataset. Gives me the exact same problem and is not workable at all at the moment. The names are the same but for some reason Power Bi thinks its a completely new report with the same report name. 

I've been using this workflow for more then a year now without any problems. I first experienced this problem last friday. 

3 REPLIES 3
Vicentiu
Frequent Visitor

I have same issue. Any solving @Anonymouse ?

- if I do search with the name of the report I see old report and new one:

- new report opens

- old report does not open, but still did not should see him; instead should have been overwritten by new one

gp10
Advocate III
Advocate III

I'm experiencing the exact same issue, any advice here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I first noticed this problem last Thursday but didn't really bother as the report wasn't final.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors