Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gmillinge

Drop down filter acting strange

Hello,

In app.powerbi.com I have some drop down filters that are acting strange. See below.

When I select the "OrderNo" drop down filter, the filter selection ends up way to the right and not directly below. 

When I use it in Power BI Desktop I have no problems.

Anybody who knows how to solve this?

Thanks!

gmillinge_0-1631171918494.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
drneaux1099
Frequent Visitor

Latest from Microsoft...change your browser zoom from anything but 100%

"Power BI customers using Edge or Chrome V93 web browsers with the default page scale set to 100% may experience UI behavior issues when interacting with common web page controls, such as dropdown slicers, date pickers, or line charts. As a workaround, users can use the zoom setting of anything other than 100% which forces the browser to behave normally. Engineers have identified root cause, and an estimated time to mitigate will be provided shortly."

I confirmed the work around validity as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
drneaux1099
Frequent Visitor

Latest from Microsoft...change your browser zoom from anything but 100%

"Power BI customers using Edge or Chrome V93 web browsers with the default page scale set to 100% may experience UI behavior issues when interacting with common web page controls, such as dropdown slicers, date pickers, or line charts. As a workaround, users can use the zoom setting of anything other than 100% which forces the browser to behave normally. Engineers have identified root cause, and an estimated time to mitigate will be provided shortly."

I confirmed the work around validity as well.

I was just about to ask questoins about browser versions @drneaux1099 when I saw your post come through - that is indeed the fix. 😁

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
Woodydrw

I have the same issue, and due to the offset to the right, any filters near the right hand side of the page dont show anything at all. Report users are not happy.

drneaux1099
Frequent Visitor

I'm seeing the same thing.  The Desktop app doesn't render the offest/alignment issue.  Must be some new change to the Power BI portal and rendering of dropdown filters.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors