Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

altchung
Frequent Visitor

Drillthrough does not work when I share my report to someone external to my organisation

Hi All,

When I share my PowerBI report which has a drillthrough feature with my work colleagues, they are able to see the drillthrough option.

However, when I share the same report with the customer, they are not able to see the drillthrough option.

We all use the same version of PowerBI.

Does anyone know what the issue may be?

Many thanks in advance,

Annie

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @altchung 

Which kind of drillthrough are you using in the report? Drillthrough in the same report or cross-report drillthrough? How do you share the report with your customers?

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @altchung 

I don't think there is a direct issue with your report. How do you share the report with your customers, Public URL?

Try to re publish the report into a different workspace and test the URL again. What Browser are your customers using? IE could be also the issue. 

On the other hand have you tried the new way on how to use Drillthrough with buttons? Check out my report I am using it.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMmFhYWVlMDUtYTk3My00Y2U2LTgwMWEtZDQwNjAyNmQwNjc5IiwidCI6IjgzN...

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Hi @Resident Rockstar,

Thank you. 

I share the report via the URL.  

I also tried to publish it on someone else's workspace, and still no luck.  However, external users can view the Drill Through for the reports sitting on their workspace, so it's something to do with the actual report.  Then I compared all the settings, and everything seems fine. 

I will give the push buttons a go 🙂 - thanks.

Annie 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors