Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drillthrough List: How can i ristrict drillthrough list base on view

How can i ristrict drillthrough list base on access level ?

When ever i set up a RLS to ristrist the level of data seen by EndUsers. They can still and click on the restricted data on Drillthrough list.  

2 REPLIES 2
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @Anonymous ,

is it possible that you provide us the PowerBi File or some sample data or your Dax statement which you are using as RLS-rule.

Because actually it should work and I would say that in your model/data/stmt is wrong.

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Josef
i have one Summary report, pointing to 3 down streams, meaning, i have an Overall summary report for 3 diffrent reports make total of 4 separate reports Overall summary included. from the summary report, people can Cross-report drill to the 3 other report for more details.

The Question here is:

In senerios a where i have thses 3 Reports
1. Bendel
2. Congo
3. UK

Where all the above Reports are detailed Report from the Overall Summary. Control by one Dataset.

Now:
i have define my RLS for diferent users where:

Steve can only see : Bendel and Congo
Mick can see : UK
Josef can only see : Congo and UK
etc ...

and we both know for cross-report drillthrough to work all this reports has to be located in thesame Workspace.

The question now:

i have successfully ristrict them from what i wanted them to see.
the BIG BUT is that, they can still see the three report on the drillthrough list.

How can i also ristrict drillthrough list base on what i mention above. to avoid confusion please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors