Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drillthrough List: How can i ristrict drillthrough list base on view

How can i ristrict drillthrough list base on access level ?

When ever i set up a RLS to ristrist the level of data seen by EndUsers. They can still and click on the restricted data on Drillthrough list.  

2 REPLIES 2
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @Anonymous ,

is it possible that you provide us the PowerBi File or some sample data or your Dax statement which you are using as RLS-rule.

Because actually it should work and I would say that in your model/data/stmt is wrong.

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Josef
i have one Summary report, pointing to 3 down streams, meaning, i have an Overall summary report for 3 diffrent reports make total of 4 separate reports Overall summary included. from the summary report, people can Cross-report drill to the 3 other report for more details.

The Question here is:

In senerios a where i have thses 3 Reports
1. Bendel
2. Congo
3. UK

Where all the above Reports are detailed Report from the Overall Summary. Control by one Dataset.

Now:
i have define my RLS for diferent users where:

Steve can only see : Bendel and Congo
Mick can see : UK
Josef can only see : Congo and UK
etc ...

and we both know for cross-report drillthrough to work all this reports has to be located in thesame Workspace.

The question now:

i have successfully ristrict them from what i wanted them to see.
the BIG BUT is that, they can still see the three report on the drillthrough list.

How can i also ristrict drillthrough list base on what i mention above. to avoid confusion please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors