Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lucascolz

Drilling down removes filter on other visualization

I have two graphics in my report, a cluster bar showing items in my shop and a doughnut showing the cost breakdown for the items in four levels.

What I want to do is filter a specific item in the cluster bar chart, and drilldown through its breakdown.

But as I select the item in the first graph and drilldown in the second, I lose the filter in the first, and have to select the item again.

Is there anything that can be done to maintain the filter as i drilldown in the other graph?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @lucascolz,

Using drill down options shouldn't reset filters on other visualizations.

drilldown.gif

Could you be more precisely with your issue by posting some screenshots? Smiley Happy

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft @Greg_Deckler

Thanks for the answers, it sure is strange, because what happens in my power bi is different from the gif you have posted @v-ljerr-msft. I couldn't manage to put images in this comment, still struggling with power bi forum, but here is a link to a gif with my screenshots.

https://makeagif.com/i/_SKLZs

I do the same way the other gif did, click in one bar of the clustered bar chart, so i can filter the doughnut. When i drilldown inside the doughnut chart with the arrow in the up right side, i lose the selection i had done in the bar chart.

Thank you

lucascolz

I have two visualizations, one clustered bars, showing items from a list in my shop, and a doughnut graph, showing the cost breakdownfrom them.

What I want is to select an item, and go through his cost breakdown, drilling down and up, but when I select an item and drill down inside the doughnut graph, i lose the item selection i had in the clustered graph.

Is there a way i can maintain the selection i had as i drill down the other visualization?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Which drill down method are you using?  If you using the single arrow in the upper right that should not happen.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors