Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

arhantjain
Regular Visitor

Drill through on Table Values

I have a table having list of places with corresponding data in columns. I need to click on that place to drill through to the corresponding place child page.

That can be done through right click and using drill through but the user want very simple way  y just clicking the place name or ant other work around may work like placing  a button in the corresponding column of table.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @arhantjain ,

This should resolve this issue for you:

Create a drillthrough button in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Thanks for replying....

But after creating drill through button, still I have to click the place name from table and then the button is enabled.... Then I have click on that button.... This makes user to click 2 times, but user want it in single click... If it is possible in Power BI, then pls help....

Hi @arhantjain ,

When using drillthrough, detailed data is required to filter the second page. So we need to click twice, first select the data to be drilled, and then drill. Clicking in Power BI has many other modes of interaction, such as cross-filtering and cross-highlighting. So this is by design to prevent confusion and false touches.

To change the design of Drill through, you may consider submitting your idea or voting for similar ideas in Power BI Ideas: Search (powerbi.com).

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Thanks Gao for replying..!!

I have tried to solve the issue by using URL filter string parameters.

I have created a 'custom table by example' in which all filter URLs are filled and web link created in table in dashboard.

But still there are some issues, if you could help in solving those...

1. by clicking on link, it is opening a seperate window. (Though the data is filtered as required), but can it be open in same window.?

2. Can we place a button in each row, which opens the child page of that corresponding value..?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Arhant Jain 

Hi @arhantjain ,

I believe that all the links for new windows has the "_blank" as part of it and so a new window will always open.  That said, there may be some sort of html or javascript (which I do not know) that might be able to overwrite that option.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors