Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

abelrmg
Helper II
Helper II

Drill through function in power bi portal

Hello,

I did a report in power bi desktop, use a drill through and works fine but when I published the report in to portal Power BI, the function of drill through is disabled por the users.

How can use this funtion in power bi portal

Regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abelrmg ,

Is the visual a Matrix? If it is, it was a known issue and it has been fixed on 3/4/2020. You could refresh your report to try again. If the issue also happens to other visuals, it might be another known issue. I find that a similar one has been submitted internally. There is not a solution currently. I will update here once there is any new message.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-xuding-msft,

I entered the portal again and the function is available with new and old look, the bug is fixed.

Regards,

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abelrmg ,

Is the visual a Matrix? If it is, it was a known issue and it has been fixed on 3/4/2020. You could refresh your report to try again. If the issue also happens to other visuals, it might be another known issue. I find that a similar one has been submitted internally. There is not a solution currently. I will update here once there is any new message.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Hello @v-xuding-msft , as I said in my previous answer,  yes is a Matrix but I search and found the function in portal is disabled by default and you have to use estandar view interface for activate.

I am correct or there is another way to use the function like on the power bi desktop?

Regards,

Hi @abelrmg ,

I think it can work is that the issue has been resolved. 

If we use cross-report drillthrough, we need to turn it on in the Desktop. But if just use drillthrough in one report, we can do directly with new look. We don't have to turn on what options about it. 

Cross-report DrillthroughCross-report Drillthrough

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

@v-xuding-msft,

I entered the portal again and the function is available with new and old look, the bug is fixed.

Regards,

Hi @abelrmg ,

Glad you can use it normally. Can you please accept the helpful answer as a solution if you feel that makes sense? Then we will be able to close the thread. Thanks in advance.😉

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Are the users using the report via Publish to Web?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hello @GilbertQ ,

Yes, the users sign in to powerbi.com and the typ of visualization is a Matrix.

But searching I found the function by default is disabled, you have activate  here:

Dt.PNG

But in the "New look" view isn´t appear, so I think is a bug. You have to work with old view interface.

Regards,

Yeah that certainly looks like that will resolve the issue!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors