Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Drill down in Matrix Visualization

I am using Matrix Visualization in PowerBI report.

It has two step (level) drill down.

The drill down works fine in PowerBI Desktop however when I publish it to PowerBI service drill down wonly works for the 1st level.

The 2nd level doesn't open up or show when I click (+) sign adjacent to 1st level drill down.

Is there any limitation when using Matrix visualization

Also, I noticed that the double arrow showing "Go to next level of hierarchy" is inactive in App but it is active in Desktop.

Below is the picture of PowerBI report in app.It only open to 1st level

nripendrasinha_3-1611295246426.png

However, in PowerBI Desktop the drill down works fine.

nripendrasinha_2-1611295205025.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

its quite a hard issue to understand without being able to interact with it.   Have you tried deleting the report in the service and republishing?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

its quite a hard issue to understand without being able to interact with it.   Have you tried deleting the report in the service and republishing?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

I deleted the report and again published it...it works fine now :)...Thanks for the solution

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

Ill be honest cant' really see the difference in the 2 pictures, did you navigate the hierarchy in exactly the same way and can you rather show the screenshots of when you have drilled down to the deepest level for each?

Sorry, Now I post the screenshot of Desktop.

It can be seen that I can open to the deepest level 

nripendrasinha_0-1611295857618.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors