Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Missred
Regular Visitor

Drill down functionality removed from dashboards?

Hi all

It's been a few months since I last used Power BI.

I'm 99% sure that I used to be able to drill up and down on charts shown on dashboards.

Now I am not able to, and can only do this via the Report.

1) Has the drill down functionality been removed from dashboards?

2) WHY?!?!?!?!

3) Is there an alternative way to drill down on a dashboard that I'm missing?

4) When I share a dashboard, can people see the underlying Report (i.e. can they go to the report to drill down?) and if so what is the point of the dashboard???

Many thanks in advance for your help

Rachel

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Missred,

It is not possible use drill down functionality in dashboards currently as Eno1978 mentioned above. You can vote the following ideals.Smiley Happy

Drill Down in Dashboard and Dashboard interaction

Regards

@Missred Normal dashboard tiles have never had the ability to drill down on a visual. They "drill down" to the report level, but that's more of a navigation feature. You could pin a report page and interact with it on the dashboard fully, but I don't think that is what you are describing.

The point of a dashboard is to provide information at a glance, keep track of key metrics, etc.

When you share a dashboard, the end user will see any report in which you have a tile re-directing them to.

Regardless of whether or not a dashboard is "needed" from a report respective, it is the main way content is shared. (Content Packs) would be a different route).

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors