Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

acbg
Resolver III
Resolver III

Drill Up on line charts not working once filtered

Have a line chart with calendar heirarchy (Year, Quarter, Month, Week). Have it defaulted at the lowest level which is week.

While in service if I apply slicers and drill up from week to month there is nothing being displayed. When I hover over the graph I can see the points being highlighed. Same goes for month to quarter or quarter to year drill up.

When i go to the next tab and come back the lines magically appear...what could be the cause of this?

I am directly querying off an Azure Analysis Services cube.

I am not having this issue with a bar chart, only line chart seems to have this issue. And not having issues with line charts on desktop only when published to the service. Any one else having this issue?

Any input/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Looks like this was a bug that Microsoft Recognized and fixed it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @acbg,

I was not able to reproduce this problem on my side. The line chart with date hierarchy worked well in service.

Maybe the network environment is not so good that the report view is not displayed in a short time. After clicking the drill up button, please wait for a while. If the line chart still shows nothing, refresh the web page for a try.

Besides, you could re-create the line chart and re-publish report to service for a test.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

Looks like this issue is happening if the X axis is categorical instead of continous. It cannot be continous as the Quarter is a text field (ex: Q1).

I tested it on other reports/datasets and having the same issue if the X axis is categorical then drill up seems buggy.

We publish reports in premium space and I tried publishing it in my workspace and I am still seeing the same issue.

Would you be able to test it with categorical on the x axis and see if it produces the issue?

Thank you for helping.

Looks like this was a bug that Microsoft Recognized and fixed it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As of right now it is still not fixed - just checked my reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors