Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shruthi96
Helper III
Helper III

Drill Through Left Mouse Click Not Working After Report Published to My Workspace

Folks, 

I need help on two things on drill through : 

1) I have a report with multiple pages and have the Drill Through setup to go from page 1 to page 2.  When using Power BI Desktop, everything works as it should.  When I left click on the Product anme, I am given the "Drill Through" option which I select to go to page 2.  When I publish the report, the left click "Drill Through" no longer works.  I have to right click and pick "Drill Through" from the list of options.

Note:  In the app service also i turned on setting under explore.. 

Shruthi96_0-1655981804202.png

2) Is there an option to limit the drill through only for certain page

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shruthi96,

It’s by design. When your report readers right-click a data point in other source report pages, they drill through to the target page to get details that are filtered to that context. And currently, no official statement that Drill through is only applied to specific report page. Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

When you enable Drill through in Power BI Desktop or in Edit mode in Power BI service, you can use Drill through feature by a left click. This setting is for report editors but not for report viewers and this setting won’t be kept as a report level setting.

vcazhengmsft_0-1656309656785.png

vcazhengmsft_1-1656309656788.png

In Desktop, if you close your report and reopen it, you will find Drill through become unselected again. Similarly, if you come back to the report from other reports after a while in Power BI service, you will see Drill through is off too.

To change the design of Drill through, you may consider submitting your idea or voting for similar ideas in Power BI Ideas: Search (powerbi.com).

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shruthi96,

It’s by design. When your report readers right-click a data point in other source report pages, they drill through to the target page to get details that are filtered to that context. And currently, no official statement that Drill through is only applied to specific report page. Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

When you enable Drill through in Power BI Desktop or in Edit mode in Power BI service, you can use Drill through feature by a left click. This setting is for report editors but not for report viewers and this setting won’t be kept as a report level setting.

vcazhengmsft_0-1656309656785.png

vcazhengmsft_1-1656309656788.png

In Desktop, if you close your report and reopen it, you will find Drill through become unselected again. Similarly, if you come back to the report from other reports after a while in Power BI service, you will see Drill through is off too.

To change the design of Drill through, you may consider submitting your idea or voting for similar ideas in Power BI Ideas: Search (powerbi.com).

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Shruthi96 

What happens when you turn on the drill through button and save the report?

Does it go away when you open the report next time? Or it still shows as enabled?

@Anonymous ,

Once I turn on drill through under Explore, it will be greyed out.. and save close the app service.. But left click will not work (Under edit mode it works).  

Later , it go away when I open the report next time.  and it shows as disabled 😞  It is not saving the setting. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shruthi96 

If you cant save the change,pls create a support ticket via below link and relevant personnel will help to handle it.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors