Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill-Down in Power BI webpart for Sharepoint Online

Hello everyone

I've slaved away over my dataset to create some flash drill downs, which i think look great.

I've published it to my Modern Sharepoint site, and I can't access the drill-down function!

What's happened to it, how can I get it back?

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft 

I've solved it!

I had disabled the 'Visual Header' setting for the visual. As soon as I toggled it to "On", the usual drill-down icons appeared in my Modern Sharepoint site.

Thanks for your help with this.

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxin

Thanks for your reply, sadly no I hadn't checked that button.

I've checked again on my Modern Sharepoint site this morning, and although I can right click the visual to drill down, the type of interaction I'm after is for my user to be able to click the graph and it drills down, much like when I activate the drill down button in Power BI Desktop and click through the graph.

I've activated everything I think could be linked to get this result and I can't find anything! Any further suggestions?

HI @Anonymous,

I can't reproduce your issue, drill features works on my side. can you please provide more details about this?

8.png

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft 

Thanks for your reply.

Apologies if anything in my post was unclear.

So I've built a report in Power BI Desktop, with a graph that has a heirachy so my user can drill-down.

Here is a picture of it in Power BI Desktop:

Forum 1.PNG

Here is a picture of it after i click directly on the bar for January:

Forum 2.PNG

As you can see, the data in the heirachy takes affect with the drill down and the next chart in the heirachy is shown.

I uploaded this report to the Power BI Online service, and then got the link to embed it into my Modern Sharepoint site, expecting it to have the same behaviour, however here is a picture of the the same graph, but in the Modern Sharepoint site.

Forum 3.PNG

And here is a picture of the graph when I click directly on the bar for January:

Forum 4.PNG

I can right-click the graph in the Modern Sharepoint to drill-down, as shown below:

Forum 5.png

However, this is not the behaviour that I want my users to follow (as I feel my audience will be disuaded from accessing the extra data by having an additional right-click involved), I'd like them to just click the graph to drill down, as I can in Power BI Desktop.

Is this enough information for you to investigate?

Thanks in advance for your time.

HI @Anonymous ,

Nope, current you can't do customize on that tooltip menu.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again

So just to confirm, the ONLY way to drill down in a Power BI report that has been embedded in a Modern SharePoint site is the horribly inefficient right-click method?

Kind Regards

Daniel

Hi @Anonymous ,

As I said, drill features button available when you embed report to sharepoint side.

Current power bi not contains option to disable right click on 'quick menu' you can use both 'drill buttons' and 'drill menu' two functions to control which hierarchy level displayed.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft 

Thanks for this.

Can you find a reason why the drill up and down icons don't appear on the Modern Sharepoint embedded report?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft 

I've solved it!

I had disabled the 'Visual Header' setting for the visual. As soon as I toggled it to "On", the usual drill-down icons appeared in my Modern Sharepoint site.

Thanks for your help with this.

Kind Regards

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Have you turn on the 'hide visual header in read view' option? If this is a case, it will auto hide tile head and drill feature icons when you in read view mode.

3.png

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors