cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mvoss12 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

'Drill Down All' works but subsequent Drill Up loses filter

I have a date hierarchy in my data source (tabular cube) and a bar graph showing a bar for each of two years (limited to 2015 and 2016 using a filter).  When I 'drill all to next level' I can drill down to quarters, months, and dates just fine.  If I try to drill back up then, I can drill up to months and quarters fine, but when it gets to the year level, it now includes 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 (ignoring my visual level filter).  I created the report in Power BI Desktop Version: 2.33.4337.501 64-bit (March, 2016) and published it to the service, which is where I am drilling down and up.  Thanks for any help you can provide!

2 REPLIES 2
ES Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: 'Drill Down All' works but subsequent Drill Up loses filter

We are having the same issue. Anyone have any ideas?
lwood88ok Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: 'Drill Down All' works but subsequent Drill Up loses filter

I encountered the same issue this week.  Drill Up does not retain the Visual Level filter.  I ended up adding a slicer visualization to my report and edited the interactions to only the specific drill down chart that was having the issue.  It was easy enough for me, because I was trying to ommit "BLANK" Axis values.  I then shunk the slicer down and hid it, so users wouldn't notice.  Not pretty, but it was the only option I had.