Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

'Drill Down All' works but subsequent Drill Up loses filter

I have a date hierarchy in my data source (tabular cube) and a bar graph showing a bar for each of two years (limited to 2015 and 2016 using a filter).  When I 'drill all to next level' I can drill down to quarters, months, and dates just fine.  If I try to drill back up then, I can drill up to months and quarters fine, but when it gets to the year level, it now includes 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 (ignoring my visual level filter).  I created the report in Power BI Desktop Version: 2.33.4337.501 64-bit (March, 2016) and published it to the service, which is where I am drilling down and up.  Thanks for any help you can provide!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I encountered the same issue this week.  Drill Up does not retain the Visual Level filter.  I ended up adding a slicer visualization to my report and edited the interactions to only the specific drill down chart that was having the issue.  It was easy enough for me, because I was trying to ommit "BLANK" Axis values.  I then shunk the slicer down and hid it, so users wouldn't notice.  Not pretty, but it was the only option I had.

ES
Regular Visitor

We are having the same issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors