cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmonu
Helper II
Helper II

Download the entire dataset behind the report ... when published to WEB (for public)

Good day all,

I got a report with PBI desktop which i want to publish it to the public for consumption.

I also want to give the option for the public to download the entire dataset now (either within the filter or with a single button)

Unfortunately , once i make it public the report doesn't show/give the options to download

* I have enabled the export data from the admin portal

* i have enabled the export data from the report

Is there anyway it can be done.

Thanks

MN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User II
Super User II

Hi there

When using publish to Web it is currently a limitation that the report consumers cannot download anything from the dataset.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web#limitations

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User II
Super User II

Hi there

When using publish to Web it is currently a limitation that the report consumers cannot download anything from the dataset.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web#limitations

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - June 24th

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!