Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

biswedishdevil
Advocate I
Advocate I

Download .pbix greyed out

Good morning!

I've created a report in the Power BI Service. Now I want to publish it to anotther app workgroup. Is there a direct way to do it?

As I couldn't see a direct way, my idea was to download the .pbix file to the Desktop, and then publish it from Power BI Desktop to the corresponding app workgroup. But I can't do it, as I noticed the option to Download .pbix file is greyed out! 

This report was created from 0 in the service. If I compare other reports created in the desktop and publiushed to the service, I can download correctly those .pbix's, but no the .pbix of the report created in the Service.

I have upgraded the Power BI Desktop to the latest version 2.46.4732.721 64-bit, but still not working.

Any reason why this could happen?

Is there a direct way to deploy the report to an app workgroup?

Many thanks!

Data analytics supporter !
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @biswedishdevil,

You an go to My Workspace, then create a content pack, publish to that specific app group follow Create and publish an organizational content pack (tutorial).

Then in the app workspace, assume you have edit permission, then you can use Get Data-> My organization to get content pack, the report will display in that app workspace.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

@biswedishdevil As you have outlined in your description, the rule behind the "Download PBIX" functionality is that the dataset/report start as a Desktop file... Since you did everything in the Service, there isn't currently any functionality to move that content from one workspace to another.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

That's sad... I mean you spend time building a dataset and report in the Power BI Service, and then you can't download to Desktop nor share it to another workgroup?

Data analytics supporter !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors