Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ClaudioL
Helper IV
Helper IV

Download .pbix file with external user

Good afternoon.

I need to comment something later to ask the question.
A report was created from Power BI Desktop, which was published to the web with an administrator user, making the corresponding configurations so that from Power BI Services, external users to the company in the Applications part can observe such report. Therefore, the external user accesses power bi services (with his user), within "Applications" is the corresponding app, which "clicks" and can observe but not modify. Then you can make a copy of it being stored in your home. At that time, the saved app is observed in the reports section, which can be modified by the external user. Suppose that the external user does not want to modify the app from the work area, but instead wants to download the .PBIX file, to make the corresponding modifications from power bi desktop. It is here that the .PBIX file download option is gray, NOT LETTING DOWNLOAD THE .PBIX.
WHAT SOLUTION CAN YOU GIVE TO THIS TOPIC? I READ MANY POWER BI FORUMS BUT I CAN'T FIND THE SOLUTION.

Give

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Whilst external users can upload the PBIX manually to an App Workspace they would need to always make the changes in the PBIX and re-upload.

This is currently also the best practice method which will mean the author always has got the full PBIX model.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors