Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Download pbix file greyed out

I have recently upgraded all our workspaces to the new version. In some of the workspaces I can download the pbix file but in some I can't? All of these pbix files have been created in desktop and I am the admin in all the workspaces. I can't work out why some of these cannot be downloaded, it does seem to be workspace related. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well that was odd. I raised a case and when I attempted to repliate the problem I found I could download pbix files. Very odd and a bit spooky. Not sure whether it was a caching issue in my browser maybe? Ah well seems ot be fixed now.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mitsu
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

I am seeing the same issue on multiple tenants . Does anyone know whats going on ? Odd thing is on some of the reports if you do a browser refresh the download pbix starts to work . 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@gooranga1 - Hmm, do some have RLS on them? You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks @Greg_Deckler 

No RLS but I did try the link to copy the report to another workspace that I could download pbix files.

Once I did that though not only could I still not download the pbix file I can no longer download any pbix file in the workspace I copied it to! Even after deleting the copied report that folder is now no longer able to download any pbix files!

We have version control but it was always nice to have that just in case. I may raise a case for that.

Well that was odd. I raised a case and when I attempted to repliate the problem I found I could download pbix files. Very odd and a bit spooky. Not sure whether it was a caching issue in my browser maybe? Ah well seems ot be fixed now.

This was doing my head in too and I've ended up in the same place - it *now* works with no changes from my end. I think clicking through the different workspaces triggered something.

In all shared workspaces which I'm also the admin of, if I opened a report the File - 'download the .pbix file' option was greyed out. However I could go to the dataset for that report, click the options elipses and the download option was available.

This was on all reports even those I created within the PBI service directly or via PBI Desktop.

When I went into 'My Workspace' to check a report in there, I could see the download was IS available.

I now went back to my shared workspaces and viola - the download option is now not greyed out for any of the reports.

This was all within 15 minutes of clicking around. I didn't change any settings, clear browser cache or even close and re-open my browser (Edge).

How frustrating...

@gooranga1 - That is strange! But all's well that ends well I suppose! 🙂

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors