Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vmonu
Helper II
Helper II

Download entire datasets behind the report... when published to WEB (for public).. maybe thru button

Good day,

Yes, i know there is a limitation right now of not allowing the data to be downloaded to public through web ( and nope the current desktop of clicking on 3 dots on the visuals won't work when publish to Web)

I was thinking if there is any other way , say like use of button to execute a query so it can create a visual  so the users (common man with not much technical knowledge) can get it like our regular download from web.

Any thoughts

Regards

MN

3 REPLIES 3
vmonu
Helper II
Helper II

Hi folks, 

Any idea/alternate things for the above prolbem.

I want to give the end users for options to download the data (nothing is personal just some business information) from the public website.

Is there any other options .. if not i am going to be so sad that a product like PBI can't have a solution like this (common for folks) to download/data dump

Thanks in advance

MN

vmonu
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks @collinq   hmm... is there an example for what you suggest... I will search thru too 🙂

Thanks again

MN

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @vmonu ,

If you are wanting to get folks to be able to see the data, but you are Publish to Web then the answer is outside of Power BI.  My thinking is that you would create a different hook to your datasource (like Excel) and put either Excel or a button the links to Excel and downloads the data.  But, as you correctly state, this isn't something the Power BI is going to let you do.  Just remember, that if you are publishing things to the web, you do not have any security on it.  

You may be able to use Power Flow/Automate and other API tools to make that button work for you - just outside of the embedded part.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors