Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Download entire dataset behind the report\dashboard

Hello,

I have a report with 3 charts and a matrix and it all comes from one dataset. So one of the users want to download the detailed data, but the problem is there is no option to download all the data in the dataset. They have to click on each chart and then select export to excel. 

Is there way to download all the data available in that dataset?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to download the dataset from power bi. Please let me know if the feature is enabled.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

An user can download the dataset by exporting the pbix file from PBI Service,

if he has edit rights for the specific report and your administrator has not turned off the export data feature.

For more informations about this feature, please read

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-export-to-pbix/

Please be aware that:

"For now, the preview feature can only download reports that originated from Power BI Desktop. If your report originated from the Power BI service either via a cloud dataset or a content pack, we can't open it in Power BI Desktop yet. Stay tuned for updates in this area - we plan to extend this feature to other types of reports. "

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont know if I'm confusing here. But I want to download the underlying detail\raw data in dataset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

this is not possible at the moment.

You can download the data of a visual ("export to excel") or download the whole report with the data in a pbix file.

@Anonymous,

@Anonymous is correct.  Assuming the user has edit permissions to dataset, downloading the report as a .pbix file is the only way that I know of.  And then opening the .pbix in Desktop.

Hi @AnonymousIt may depend on how the report was shared with them.  If @Anonymous 's response didn't solve your problem, it may be because of how the report was shared. Can you supply more details? Which tool is the user using (Desktop, service), how was the report created, how did the user get the report - was it shared as a content pack, for example. If the user is in service can they open the dataset itself, or is only the report available to them?

- Michele

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors