Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kostask
Helper II
Helper II

Download a copy of a report in PBI Service

Hello, guys..!

I copied a report from the original to another workspace, and made to the copied report several changes to meet the needs of the team which uses the specific workspace.

Finally, i realise that i have to create some new measures to the copied report, so as i can guess, i have to download the copy to my pc and make them with PBI desktop. After upload again the report with the dataset.

It seems that i can' t download a copy of a report from a workspace.

Capture.PNG

Any advise / solution how i can handle that issue?

Thanx in advance..!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@kostask 

Are you able to fixed it? I also found the limitation regarding to your scenario. 

Please refer to the last bullet point: Considerations and troubleshooting

"If you create a Power BI report based on a dataset in one workspace and publish to a different workspace, you and your users won't be able to download it. The download feature is currently not supported in this scenario."

What you can do is go to the original workspace and try downloard the reports from that workspace. 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@kostask 

Are you able to fixed it? I also found the limitation regarding to your scenario. 

Please refer to the last bullet point: Considerations and troubleshooting

"If you create a Power BI report based on a dataset in one workspace and publish to a different workspace, you and your users won't be able to download it. The download feature is currently not supported in this scenario."

What you can do is go to the original workspace and try downloard the reports from that workspace. 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @V-pazhen-msft .

This explains why i can' t download it.

😏

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@kostask 

Please contact your administrator if he has turned off the ability to export data in Power BI admin portal, if so, the download .pbix feature will not available in the Power BI service.

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @kostask ,

You have to publish the report to the workspace wherein you aren't having download pbix option. But seems like your issue is that your have already made many changes from service.

Can you verify the below:

If you are global admin or have been assigned the Power BI service administrator role, you may enable the 'Export data' feature for specific security groups from admin portal, which controls Analyze in Excel, export to .csv, dataset downloads (.pbix), and Power BI Service Live Connect features.

b1.PNG

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Is your PBIX using Incremental refreshing?

If it is you cannot download the PBIX as this is a limitation.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors