Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't summarize option doesn't appear in reports with streaming dataset

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a report with a streaming dataset to pin a card to a dashboard to generate an alert over the card value. To the streaming dataset I'm sending temperature values every second from an app and I want to send an alert when the value that appears on the card is "100". I followed this tutorial set data alerts in power bi service, but when I add a card to the report, the card shows me the sum of the value and the "don't summarize" option is not shown. Based on the tutorial, Alerts can be set on visuals created from streaming datasets that have been pinned from a report to a dashboard, but cannot be set on streaming tiles created directly on the dashboard using Add tile > Custom streaming data.

soporte.png

How Can I set the last value of the streaming dataset on the card and generate an alert? or

How Can I set an alert to a card added from the option Add tile?

I appreciate your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Anonymous

This option doesn't appear because card box can only display one value at once and you have multiples values.

You need to add a visual level filter or a slicer so that this value will always be the last one

- Quentin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Anonymous

This option doesn't appear because card box can only display one value at once and you have multiples values.

You need to add a visual level filter or a slicer so that this value will always be the last one

- Quentin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors