cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakesolty

Don't refresh all connections on a scheduled refresh

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has an answer to my problem.

I have created a report in the desktop version of Power Bi that has multiple connections from Salesforce and an Excel document. In the desktop version it's possible to choose which connections refreshes when you click refresh. When the report is published then I do not get the option to choose what refreshes on the scheduled refresh. As the Excel file is stored locally on my computer I can only refresh the data when my computer is on. As the data in Excel only changes monthly then ideally I would like the Salesforce data to refresh daily and can manually refresh the Excel data on a monthly basis.

Can anyone advise how this can be done?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jakesolty,

As we all know, Power BI Service doesn't support refresh for specific data source in the dataset, it just refresh all data sources used in the dataset.

In your scenario, you can store the Excel file in OneDrive to work around the issue. You can follow this article to connect to the Excel stored in OneDrive: Use OneDrive for Business links in Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jakesolty,

As we all know, Power BI Service doesn't support refresh for specific data source in the dataset, it just refresh all data sources used in the dataset.

In your scenario, you can store the Excel file in OneDrive to work around the issue. You can follow this article to connect to the Excel stored in OneDrive: Use OneDrive for Business links in Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 1 episode 9_no_dates 768x460.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Watch the playback when Priya Sathy and Charles Webb discuss Datamarts! Kelly also shares Power BI Community updates.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 24 without aka link and time 768x460.jpg

Ted's Dev Camp - July 28, 2022

Watch Session 24 of Ted's Dev Camp along with past sessions!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors