Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

seanpratt
Helper III
Helper III

Doesn't Support Refresh Help

Good morning,

I've searched through these forums for similar problems and solutions and while I found some, I can't fully understand how to adapt the solution to my situation. 

I have a Google Sheet data source that works fine within Power BI Desktop but seems to block the data refresh within Service. I get the "Query contains unsupported function. Function name: Web.Contents" error.

Can someone please check out my M source code below and make some real suggestions on how to correct this issue? Please do not link me to another post within this forum (drives me nuts).

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or help 🙂

let
Source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("SPREADSHEET NAME"), null, true),
#"Expanded Data" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(Source, "Data", {"Column1"}, {"Column1"}),

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @seanpratt  ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @seanpratt ,

Currently, you can connect to Google Sheets using Web connector, see more detail steps: Using Google Sheets as a data source in Power BI.

The generated power query could be like codes below, so you may correct your query codes follow steps in above link.

104.png

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Currently Google Sheets is not supported in Power BI as a native connector.

The only current option is to create a custom connector.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors