Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kieran
Advocate II
Advocate II

Does the subscriber to a Power BI subscriber also need a Power BI Pro License

Hi,

I am currently setting up subscriptions on behalf of a customer.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-subscribe-to-report/

I understand the user setting up the subscriptions needs a Power BI pro license. 

However when the subscriber clicks on the shared link the following message is received . "<dashboard name> contains Power BI Pro content. To see this dashboard, try Power BI Pro for 60 days, or contact your Office tenant administrator to purchase Power BI Pro."

So does the subscriber to a Power BI subscriber also need a Power BI Pro License?

Kind Regards,

Kieran.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sirui_sun
Employee
Employee

Hi Kieran -

Currently, you can only subscribe yourself to e-mail snapshots. 

If you forward the e-mail to another user, and they click on the link to go the report, then all typical licensing checks will apply - i.e. if the report is Pro content, then they will need to be a Pro user.

-Sirui

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sirui_sun
Employee
Employee

Hi Kieran -

Currently, you can only subscribe yourself to e-mail snapshots. 

If you forward the e-mail to another user, and they click on the link to go the report, then all typical licensing checks will apply - i.e. if the report is Pro content, then they will need to be a Pro user.

-Sirui

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors