cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aanchalshah18
Frequent Visitor

Does server on which gateway is hosted affect refresh time power bi due to day light saving?

Hi All,

My question is does the server on which powerbi gateway is hosted affect refresh time of report?

This is an issue I am experiencing after day light saving.. Even though my report shows current time when using power bi desktop, when I upload it to Power BI Service, it is giving me an issue.

I have used functions DateTimeZone.FixedLocalNow() and DateTime.LocalNow()

How can I solve that issue?

3 REPLIES 3
nandukrishnavs Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Does server on which gateway is hosted affect refresh time power bi due to day light saving?

@aanchalshah18 

Refer to this https://radacad.com/solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi

If you have any doubts, please ask.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Does server on which gateway is hosted affect refresh time power bi due to day light saving?

Hi @aanchalshah18 ,

About day light saving, except the previous article, you can also refer this blog:

https://intellitect.com/convert-utc-local-time-daylight-savings-support-power-bi/

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @aanchalshah18 ,

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. If the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We've launched a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.