Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does incremental refresh work with azure table storage ?

Does incremental refresh work with azure table storage ?

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If your datasource can set up dynamic filters based on parameters, I think incremental refresh should works on it.

Incremental refresh in Power BI Premium

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

I would like to get a definite answer to that as well. I have tried setting up incremental refresh for an Azure storage table source but it doesn't seem to be working, even if it supports parameter-based filtering. Consider the following query:

TableSource = AzureStorage.Tables(ParamTableUrl),
TableSourceTelemetry = TableSource{[Name = ParamTableName]}[Data],
TableSourceTelemetryFiltered = Table.SelectRows(TableSourceTelemetry, each ([PartitionKey] = ParamTenantName and [Timestamp] >= RangeStart and [Timestamp] < RangeEnd))

When doing this, I can see when inspecting the network traffic that the query made to the table storage API includes the timestamp-based filters, so there is some kind of query folding going on and the data is nicely filtered server-side. However,

when I right-click on the last step in the query the "View Native Query" option is disabled, and when configuring the incremental refresh for the table I do get the "Unable to confirm if the M query can be folded. It is not recommended to use incremental refresh with non-foldable queries." warning.

When I publish the file, the Power BI service just seems to be using the values of RangeStart and RangeEnd that were saved instead of replacing them based on the incremental refresh settings.

It would be nice if someone could confirm whether this is supposed to work or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@myrahal I am stuck at same issue, Did you reach to any conclusion

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors