Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does a report can be built with two Different Data Sources and Published in Workspace ?

Hello ,

I have developed a report in Power BI Desktop using 2 different data sources . One is a SQL Query (SQL Database) and other is Excel Spreadsheet comes from a Sharepoint . 

I published the report in the Workspace for Users to View . Normally the one data source reports have a gateway attached in workspace and they refresh as per the "Schedule refreshes"we enabled for each report. I am also aware that data that comes from Sharepoint doesnt need any schedule refreshes enabled as it automatically gets refreshed every 30 mins or one hour . 

Now, with the usage of 2 different data sources , My data neithergets refreshed automatically nor I am able to tag any gateway to this report. Do we have a way to refresh this data automatically in Workspace ?

I would like to know the process and steps to be followed in case some method is available . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous There is a configuration setting on the gateway in the Service that needs to be enabled. "Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster. These cloud data sources do not need to be configured under this gateway cluster." - If the SQL source is part of that gateway, and that feature is enabled, you can link the report dataset to the gateway.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Anonymous There is a configuration setting on the gateway in the Service that needs to be enabled. "Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster. These cloud data sources do not need to be configured under this gateway cluster." - If the SQL source is part of that gateway, and that feature is enabled, you can link the report dataset to the gateway.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you . It worked for me. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors