Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

avacaflores
Regular Visitor

Does Publish to web consumes premium capacity if the report is hosted in a premium workspace?

I wonder to know if I host a report in a premium workspace and then I publish the report using Publish to Web the consumption/traffic that is generated is using our Premium capacity or the Power BI shared capacity?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
avacaflores
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the answers, in fact both are correct. Premium is about the content, if the contect is hosted in a Premiun capacity it will consume the resources.

I found the below video in the  Guy in Cube channel that has the exact answer to my question https://youtu.be/MtyKbHSJqxQ

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
avacaflores
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the answers, in fact both are correct. Premium is about the content, if the contect is hosted in a Premiun capacity it will consume the resources.

I found the below video in the  Guy in Cube channel that has the exact answer to my question https://youtu.be/MtyKbHSJqxQ

Hi there, I actually asked the Power BI Team and Publish to Web Reports are hosted on separate infrastructure that is not consumed as part of your Pro or Premium Subscription.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

so whats the answer? 

its still unclear to me 

Hi there

Publish to web uses a separate capacity that is different to Pro or Premium Capacities

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

i understand that, the question is when the report is in a workspace that has premium capacity and is published to web, which resource takes precedence? 

HI there

Any Publish to Web report, no matter where it comes from, will be hosted in the Publish to Web Capacity

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I would think if you assigned it to the Premium Capacity then that dataset would then be part of premium.

I am not 100% sure, but that would be my logical way of thinking.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is that any report hosted in Premium uses its CPU/Memory capacity, regardless of the access method.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors