Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ScrubberKing
Helper I
Helper I

Does PowerBI automatically update the filters for a shared report for everyone that has access to i?

I have made numerous visualizations from the same dataset and all of them are filtered in different ways to present various subsections of the data. I have shared this report with numerous colleagues and they use it to track stats related to their work. Periodically I have to edit filters on these reports to add/subtract things. Do the changes I make to the filters in the report get reflected for everyone I have shared the report with? Or do I need to share it again every time I make a minor edit to filter selections?

1 REPLY 1
zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@ScrubberKing ,

The report you've shared is still the same report. Everything done at your side and saved will reflect all people who have link to your report.

See other details and additional information about sharing feature - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-share-dashboards

Regards,
Ruslan Zolotukhin (zoloturu)
BI Engineer at Akvelon Inc. / Kharkiv Power BI User Group Leader / DAX & Power BI Trainer
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Did I answer your question?Mark my post as a solution!

You are from Ukraine? If yes then welcome to Power BI User Group - KhPUG website. Other country? Check and find proper one - Power BI User Groups
Akvelon Inc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors