Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ashok_yadav
Helper I
Helper I

Do we need to give Pro license to all users when we use Power BI Embedded

Hi Power BI Users,

I want to embed my Power BI report into an internal portal and my report is published on premium workspace. Is it mandatory to give all my end users pro license to view the report on my internal portal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ashok_yadav 

If your report is published on a Premium Capacity workspace, your viewers only need a Free Power BI licence to view. 

If your report is published onto a Premium Per User (PPU) workspace, your viewers need a PPU licence to view.

If the report is on a Pro workspace, viewers need a Pro licence.

Burningsuit_0-1647860003139.png

This is with the standard Power BI options, which will allow you to embedd the Report by URL into your web, or Sharepoint portal. 

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
wlcasale

@Burningsuit Is this a recent update? Users in our tenat were able to view Reports published in a Pro capcity until last week. Now they receive an error that they must have a Pro license. 

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ashok_yadav 

If your report is published on a Premium Capacity workspace, your viewers only need a Free Power BI licence to view. 

If your report is published onto a Premium Per User (PPU) workspace, your viewers need a PPU licence to view.

If the report is on a Pro workspace, viewers need a Pro licence.

Burningsuit_0-1647860003139.png

This is with the standard Power BI options, which will allow you to embedd the Report by URL into your web, or Sharepoint portal. 

Hope this helps

Stuart

Thank you @Burningsuit  for your quick response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors