Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SoniaB102
Frequent Visitor

Do published to web reports help with SEO?

Hi BI community,

Does anyone know whether the Google bot will be able to read words and figures in a published to web PowerBI report?

We THINK it can but I can find no info to confirm this.

Thanks,

Sonia

3 REPLIES 3
Baldaresan

It's an old thread but that's a fab question and I've gotta answer it. While I'm not 100% sure if Google bots can read PowerBI reports published to the web, I can tell you that SEO is hella important when it comes to visibility and organic traffic. If you wanna be more successful online, the first thing I would suggest doing is getting a seo analizer. I usually use Crowdo's SEO Analyzer and it's a game-changer for any site's performance. Super helpful in identifying areas for improvement! Maybe give it a whirl and see if it can provide insights on your PowerBI report sitch.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. It's not quite clear the question but I think you are asking if the Google Search Engine will find published to web reports. The answer is yes. The longer the publish to web code exists the most probably can be found. The most dangerous way is someone getting the code in the html code or sharing the link because who would start searching for specific words inside published to web reports. Those reports won't make sense if they don't have a brand indentifier.

I recommend you to avoid publish to web with sensitive data.

Hope this helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Thanks so much for your response @ibarrau

Yes you are correct, I would like to know if the Google Search Engine will find published reports.  My report is basic and has a filter with car makes and models and allows a user to filter down to a car make and model so they can see average service costs.  I was hoping google Search Engine would be able to see these on a make and model level (so on a filtered level I guess).

I do not want anyone to get access to the underlying data, which I have hidden.  

I do not understand this part of your response: The most dangerous way is someone getting the code in the html code or sharing the link because who would start searching for specific words inside published to web reports. Those reports won't make sense if they don't have a brand indentifier.

Why is that dangerous and also, what do you mean a brand identifier?

Appreciate your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors