Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IC_SLFLORES
Helper II
Helper II

Do copies of reports stay synced?

Hi all -- I'm trying to find a solution to only having one app per workspace. We have one large workspace we keep our master list of reports (small company - team of 3 analysts right now). We have reports of all kinds across our organization so one app for all of the reports would be overwhelming for our end users. I've experimenting with creating "copies" of reports in a workspace and creating an app off of that. My question is, if I make edits to the report, do the "copies" update with the edits? or would I have to re-copy the report to each workspace every time i edit and republish the pbix file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Any edits to the original report ( visuals, pages etc ) will not update the copies. So yes, you have to re-save a copy in the destination workspace. *bummer*

But any changes in the dataset will be reflected in the reports ( e.g dax calculations etc ). 

Option to think about:
Saving the pbix in a sharepoint folder, and connect multiple workspace to it. I have never done it, but this kinda allow 1 single pbix to exist in multiple workspace w/o repeating publishing or save a copy.

https://powerbi.tips/2019/09/updating-pbix-files-in-sharepoint-dos-donts/

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Any edits to the original report ( visuals, pages etc ) will not update the copies. So yes, you have to re-save a copy in the destination workspace. *bummer*

But any changes in the dataset will be reflected in the reports ( e.g dax calculations etc ). 

Option to think about:
Saving the pbix in a sharepoint folder, and connect multiple workspace to it. I have never done it, but this kinda allow 1 single pbix to exist in multiple workspace w/o repeating publishing or save a copy.

https://powerbi.tips/2019/09/updating-pbix-files-in-sharepoint-dos-donts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors